kids

kids

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

This is a test of your B.S. Meter

I have been debating blogging for some time.

Part of me thinks this is a bad idea as I have NO filter.

Part of me knows I need this.

Part of me realizes I'm a writer at heart.

My Mother will tell you this.  She sends me a journal every year.  Either on my birthday, Mother's Day or my son's birthday.

They are always inspirational.  Always telling me to follow my dreams.

Some of them I start writing with "small talk"...

Some are still blank.

Part of me wonders why.

Part of me wonders if I have any real dreams of my own left.

Part of me is afraid no one will want to hear what I have to say if I write.

Most of me is afraid of failure.

I have a friend that got brave and it's time to step outside your comfort zone. She did it.  Going back to blogging is a start for me. 

I want to write a book some day.  The ideas swim in my head and eventually I will nail down what it needs to be.  Until then, I'm going to start small right here.

Some people will love it.
Some people won't get it.
Some people will probably even get offended by a few things.
Some may leave.
Some may stay and read and wait on my every update.
Some may roll their eyes and say "whatever".

Finally I realize...it's not about them, it's about me.

It's about having something to say and finding my voice.

It's about all the times I tell people to screw what other people think and trust your gut.

I need to start taking my own advice.

This...is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment